Free passes are offered in two different programs for qualified residents within the SCCTD service area.

SCCTD Senior pass

Persons 65 years of age or older, who reside in the SCCTD service area, are eligible for a Free Senior Pass. The service area includes: Belleville, Canteen, Caseyville, Centreville, East St. Louis, Engelmann, Lebanon, Mascoutah, O’Fallon, St. Clair, Shiloh Valley, Smithon, Stites, Stookey and Sugarloaf Townships. Once a Senior Pass is issued, residents may ride Free on the MetroBus or MetroLink. Seniors will be required to present an SCCTD Senior Pass for Free transportation. To obtain an SCCTD Senior Pass, apply in person with a valid Illinois photo identification every Tuesday and Thursday, between the hours of 9:00am – 12:00pm. Passes are issued at the Belleville Station, 718 Scheel Street, Belleville, IL 62220. Customers with questions, may call the District office at 618.628.8090, or email

Senior Passes allow the Pass holder to ride ANYWHERE in St. Clair County and St. Louis on any fixed route transit (MetroLink & MetroBus). This does NOT include Special Services provided by SCCTD,  SCCTD VanGo, or SCCTD Flyer.

SCCTD Benefit Access Program Passes (BAP) formerly known as Circuit Breaker.

BAP Passes are issued on the same dates, times and location as the Senior Passes (see above)

The BAP is available to all enrollees who qualify (See Illinois Department on Aging for Criterion). The BAP will allow the Pass holder to ride Free on the Illinois MetroBus and MetroLink. BAP ID eligibility is determined by the State of Illinois.

The BAP pass Does Not allow for Free transportation in St. Louis.

Please contact AgeSmart, 618-222-2561, for assistance with the filing procedure for the Benefits Access Program.

Disabled Passes

Reduced fare passes are issued by the A.D.A. department at Metro. Contact Metro at 314-982-1510 or email for up-to-date information on how to receive those passes.

Paratransit Passes

PARATRANSIT NOTIFICATIONS – Contact LINC at 618-235-9988 for assistance in applying for certification of eligibility for paratransit service.

In order to receive or renew your BAP pass, you must have a valid application on file with the state of Illinois declaring your eligibility. Recipients can file online here.